Computer has complete loss of power.When you plug the AC adapter into the laptop there are no lights turning on at all and power button doesn’t work.
– The AC adapter failed and the battery has no charge left.
– DC jack failed and the motherboard doesn’t receive any power from the adapter.
– Motherboard failed. The motherboard has to be replaced, most times this is cost prohibitive
Blank LCD screen
The laptop turns on, power LED lights up, cooling fan works but nothing appears on the screen.
– This can be memory failure. It’s possible one of the memory modules failed.
– Hard drive, motherboard,video card/controller or defective monitor.
Laptop turns on and off repeatedly.
The laptop turns on without showing any image on the screen, auto reboot loop occurring.
– Motherboard failure, failing driver, possible memory issue or even overheating condition may be present.
Laptop making noises while running.
The laptop turns on and everything works fine except it makes some constant weird grinding or rattling noise.
– In most cases this noise is coming from the cooling fan or hard drive. Take a closer look at the cooling fan.
– If the fan doesn’t spin but the the laptop makes noise it’s likely the hard drive making noise.
– You can also remove the hard drive and boot the laptop. If the laptop still makes noise most likely it’s a bad fan.
Laptop shuts down or freezes.
The laptop runs properly but after a while it freezes or shuts down without any warning. Bottom is very hot.
– Most likely this is heat related issue. It happens because the fan heat sink is clogged with dust and the processor not cooling down properly. Also a bad fan.